addicted to cosmetics


In order for us not to feel like an outcast, the unlovable and the unloved, we must show to them what we’ve really got!
Make-up has always been part of my life. As a source of income and most especially a passion that I think will lead me in reaching my ambitions in life. When I was in elementary, I used to make my colored pencils as eyeliner because I thought that it is the one used by famous image stylist. There were also times that I used my red ballpen in making the lips red of the celebrity picture in one of my notebooks. Later on, I am starting to discover new things about make-up, its brands, how is it going to be used, and the magic it brings in transforming you into a new you. But before that, I still experienced plenty of trials before becoming a full- grown make-up artist. First and foremost, my father does not want me to be a gay and it could not be denied that most make-up artist is gays. So with that, I am not allowed to befriend gays that knows how to make-up, watch magazines and instructional materials, and to invest make-up in order for me to have a wider knowledge on that field. But those did not stop me, I still did what my father did not want me to do but in a secret way. In my high school years, I was able to study a school which is quiet far from my house and that gives me an opportunity to escape from my father's fence. When I am riding pedicap from our house to school, I am putting on my secretly invested make-up in my face, and when I am going back, I am erasing them all, that is my daily routine, and my father didn’t know about that. Time passes by and I am still doing that practice. My neigh boors told my father that I am doing that way but my reasoning skills still prevail.
Then Sinulog 2009 came, I submit myself to screening. Luckily, I was qualified. At first, my father did not want me to join but still, my reasoning power passports me to join. And that was the start of my FREEDOM, Tita Maika, our choreographer, one of the famous make-up artist in the province, my friend, patiently teach me on how to correctly put make-up in different styles and strokes fitted for a particular occasions such as camera secret make-up, stage make-up, trend make-up, wedding make-up, avant-garde  make-up and more. He also brought me to his "rakets" making me more exposed to make up and at the same time gives me earnings. Because of that, it made my father and my family realized the bright side of being a gay, it made them realized that we can earn money in effortless way by just doing what we want and what we love, and that is because of our talent, intelligence, and creativity. By that time, they begin to accept me of what I am, support me of what I want, and love me for what I want to be. But the most important I gain from them is the trust. That is why until now, I am very careful not to break the trust they give to me by uplifting the gays in the eyes of them, showing them that we are not an outcast in the society but an asset worth to be proud of. As of now, I am enjoying my make-up career with their support but my priority is still my studies because I do believe that education is the greatest weapon I can bring in the journey of life. Moreover, I do believe that make up and rakets can be learned just by yourself but education needs teachers whom will mold and teach you in your chosen profession.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

2 responses to addicted to cosmetics

  1. Noblesse Key says:

    hahhahaha..very like you!!!...

  2. hehehehe..tenchu!!!!!:)

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.